[Mac] Can't change discs for multi-disc games

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:44 AM
I've been running PCSX-R on my Macbook Pro, and it's quite functional aside from some minor stuttering issues I can ignore. However, I've reached the end of Valkyrie Profile disc 1, and now I find that there's no functional way for me to change to the next disc, as it doesn't offer a save-to-next-disc end-of-disc feature. And the Mac version of PCSX-R doesn't come with a built-in Change Disc feature of any kind that I'm aware of.

I've tried pausing the game before ejecting the disc and unpausing once I've swapped, but the emulator just stops responding, or doesn't register any change - which is the exact same result as not pausing at all. Quick-saving at the change disc screen and trying to reload said save on disc 2 just gets me an error. The only potential fix I've seen that I haven't tried, as frankly I don't know how to, is to change a quick-save from the disc change screen to load up from disc 2 rather than disc 1. (Well, that or finding an .iso somewhere, assuming isos don't have this problem, which seems ridiculous considering I own a physical copy of the game.) If there's another fix, or someone could explain the process of changing a quick-save to me, I'd love to hear it. (I'm quite new to emulation, so I don't know much about it yet.)

I'm essentially stuck on multiple games with this issue, since I've also been playing FFIX. I haven't reached a disc transition with it yet, but I will sooner or later, and there's no point in my continuing to play if I can't switch discs to continue the game.
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:51 AM
Same problem here. In fact, I'm playing Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, and I'm afraid of what am I going to do when it needs to change the disc =/ !
Any solution?
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:07 AM
Hey, I just found this (can't test cause I'm far from changind the disk in the game). See if it can help you.

Some games (like Final Fantasy) allow you to save in the "Disc Change screen". For games that don't allow that (like Metal Gear Solid), disc switching can be a bit tricky:

(PC)
Press F9 to open Disc tray
Press Esc to go to PCSX-R menu
Emulator → Switch ISO...
Emulator → Run
Press F10 to close Disc tray 
(OS X) disc switching

The process for switching discs on OS X is slightly different:
Go to File → Pause
Go to File → Eject CD
For physical CDs:
    The physical CD will eject.
    Replace the CD that was ejected.
    Close the drive: PCSX-R will wait for a new CD to be inserted and resume when a new one is available. NOTE: The current release version does not wait for a new CD. An svn build will work better. 

​For ISOs:
    ​A file selection window will come up.
    Select your new ISO.
    Click the "Open" button. 
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM
I appreciate that, but as I said in my original post, I already tried that method and it didn't work.