Comodo and Pcsxr?

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

I notice that everytime i compile pcsxr for windows comodo anti virus seems to see it as

Trojan.Win32.Spy.Zbot.AFCA@288186976 and deletes pcsxr.exe.

And this only seems to happen when i compile the release version. The debug version of pcsxr does not show up with that. Is this a false positive? I had look online to see if anyone else had a similar issue and found someone at the link below with the same issue.

BTW: I scanned the source code before compiling and comodo does not pick anything it's only after i compile the
release version of pcsxr that it detects it.
Mar 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2015 at 6:29 PM
If you have the time and patience you could try to compile a few of the more recent revisions and see if they get detected as well.
Then check the source changes from the first one thats not to detected to the one after that and see if they include any unsual or suspicious code (or post the revision numbers here).

Alternatively you could try to contact comodo so they can fix this if its a false positive which it most likely is (rvn 94433 compiled with VS2010).

Also I don't think that any Anti-Virus program is able to detect malicious code from the original source file since their primary focus is on compiled binaries but I might be wrong with that.
Mar 9, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Hello Numanoid,

I compile the latest pcsxr-94433 Release version and comodo picks it up as Trojan.Win32.Spy.Zbot.AFCA@288186976. And I have AVG and Ad-aware their latests version but they don't see pcsxr as problem. It's only comodo. I guess i can try to look
at really old builds to see if they get detected.