PCSX Reloaded being stolen, misused, and having the GNU GPL license broken

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:27 AM
Hello, my name is Derek. I have been developing emulators and such for about 8 years.

Recently I noticed that a website (ps1emulator.com) has been distributing PCSX Reloaded with adware and spyware. Also, on the terms of service page, they claim to have full rights of the software and don't allow modifying, or distribution of source code and/or binaries without permission (http://ps1emulator.com/terms-of-service.html). The privacy policy also states that basically the entire website is advertisements, adware, spyware, and then some. I thought I would bring this to your attention because I don't think this has happened to any other PS1 emulator before, so I can see why this would go fairly unnoticed.

Anyway, if I can help in any way, or if you would like any additional info, feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Derek "Turtle" Roe

PS If anybody has more information, or if anybody would like any additional info, you can also just reply to the thread as long as the information isn't sensitive in any way. Thanks everyone.
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:06 AM
don't worry, these kinds of things happens to all software, there usually is a fake website that generates $$$, but no credit to the original creator.
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:52 AM
That seems like a cause for worry to me.

I know it happens to all open-source software, I have been a victim of such things.

It never happens to commercial software because they have lawyers and teams of people making a living. But we should still use our resources to try and prevent this as much as possible to discourage others.