(OS X) FFVII doorways and ladders in the wrong places.

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM
So after i put in the recommended bios for pcsxr i got past the stupid Kalm glitch and i noticed that inside the flashback the places i could walk in were a bit distorted and not in sync with the actual map. as well as this the doorways were shifted. So i just thought hey this isn't that bad and I'll just play along and have loads of fun. Oh God was I wrong. This is now bugging the hell out of me because there are items i can't get and there are doorways and ladders that are super hard to reach because I can't see the actual path. So to try and fix this I downloaded a new .cue file but it didn't change a thing. This is really bugging me any help will be greatly appreciated!

if you need and examples i can give 'em to you as soon as i figure out how to post a picture :)
Jul 20, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Sounds like you have the widescreen hack enabled. On games with prerendered backgrounds like FFVII, it causes the collision and exit data on maps to go out of whack and not be in sync with the intended paths as outlined by the backgrounds, since the backgrounds are 2D. Disable it under CPU settings if this is indeed the case.
Jul 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Woo! haha that was the problem thanks a bunch for telling me about this, i feel like i can finish this game without getting a migraine. They should really have something about that on the README file.

Thanks again man