Frame limiter hotkey toggle?

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Anyway you could add this in as a core option? Even adding it to a audio/video plugin would work too, as people on other forums often ask what the 'turbo button' for PCSX-R is.
Oct 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Which OS/version are you asking this for?
Oct 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I believe he's asking for Windows. The PEOpS Soft and gpuBladeSoft plugins do have hotkeys for toggling the frame limiter on and off, but as far as I can tell, for the OpenGL plugin, you have to bring up the plugin's OSD and navigate it to toggle it, which is not as intuitive.

Just for comparison's sake, ePSXe has a frame limiter built into its core separate from the plugin's, and has a dedicated hotkey to toggle it, so it is possible to intuitively toggle the frame limiter even using Pete's hardware-accelerated plugins, which do not have such a hotkey outside of navigating the OSD.
Oct 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Are there any plans to add a built-in frame limiter to PCSX-Reloaded as well?
Because there are some plugins without a frame limiter and ePSXe's built-in frame limiter isn't functionally the same that many plugins offer, which makes it more than just a convenience feature.

For example, I'm running Windows 7 64bit with an Intel i5 processor and the frame limiter of most older gpu plugins doesn't work correctly. The difference is a bit subtle but what happens is that my fps remains unstable, sometimes going above 60 and others bellow, the difference isn't huge but the game doesn't feel smooth and overall feels a bit slower than it is supposed to be. Plugins like pete's OGL2 (which hasn't been updated in a long time) suffer from this and the only solution for me is to use ePSXe's built-in limiter and turn off the plugin's limiter. The frame limiter on edgbla's bladesoft plugin on the other hand, which is a lot more up to date, produces the same flawless results that ePSXe's limiter does.

The frame limiter that PEOPS DSound 1.10b uses in "Async on-demand" mode also seems to suffer from this. Would be nice if PCSX-Reloaded could be run on that mode without having the spu plugin limiting the frame rate, like epsxe shark used to, that way I would be able to for example use gpuBladesoft to limit the framerate correctly.

In short, a built-in frame limiter would be a good way to compensate for plugins that fall short in that regard, and they aren't that few.