PCSX Reloaded Plugins Mac

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Hi there guys!

I think I've just made a mess with my plugins. xD
So, I downloaded the newest version of PCSX-R and tried to replace the new plugins in PCSX, but it appears that the game starts, but doesn't recognize any button or command I press...

I'm sure I've done something wrong, as I'm a true noob in this things. I just "tried" and failed...

What I did was to copy the plugins of the new version of PCSX-R and paste them in PCSX, replacing the doubles. Then, seeing that the game couldn't recognize any command, I copied the Resources too. But nothing changed.

I know that I behaved like an idiot, but is there anyone who can help me resolving this problem? :)
Looking forward to reading your answers!
Jul 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Anyone who can help me? :(
Jul 8, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Wait, so you're trying to use the plugins of a new revision onto an old revision?

I can't see that going well at all. Why not just use the new revision, plugins and all?
Jul 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Because I read that I could upgrade PCSX by replacing its plugins with those of newer versions. Of course I might have misunderstood, but I tried to do it. xD

I'd like to use just PCSX-R, but some games appear to run better with PCSX, for example Metal Gear Solid. If you could help me making run it with PCSX-R, it'd be great!
Jul 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
So wait, by PCSX, you're referring to oooooooooold PCSX, the one from 2003 or so? That really will not do.

Are you saying it runs too slow for you on the latest revisions? I could see old school PCSX being faster, but PCSX-R is undoubtedly the far superior emulator.

I'll go ahead and post my settings. Unfortunately, I see you're using the OSX version, so I don't know if everything corresponds, so maybe this won't be of much help.

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Well, no. I mean it doesn't run at all. It starts and stops with a white screen...

Thanks for your settings, but unluckily they're different from the Mac ones. I'll try to see something but now I'm worried about making other messes. xD
Jul 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
You ARE using a BIOS file, right? MGS will not work without one.
Jul 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Forgive my question, is there a difference between an ISO file and a BIOS one? Because I'm actually trying to use an ISO as the computer makes a strange noise when I insert the CD.
Jul 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
IfritAeon61 wrote:
Forgive my question, is there a difference between an ISO file and a BIOS one? Because I'm actually trying to use an ISO as the computer makes a strange noise when I insert the CD.
Yes, they're completely different things. They just happen to share some letters in their names.

An "ISO file" is a CD image file. "ISO" in that term refers to ISO 9660, the designation for the official standard which describes how files are laid out on a CD. ("ISO" is actually the short name for the International Organization for Standardization, which created the standard.)

A BIOS file is the image of a Playstation ROM. (The term comes from the PC world and is also used for the ROMs of other computer systems. It's quite an old term, dating back to the mid-'70s, and originally was an abbreviation for "Basic Input/Output System".)
Jul 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
All right I understand. And how can I make the emulator run a .bios file? xD
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I don't know if the procedure is exactly the same on OSX, but on Windows, you place the file under the bios folder, then select it in the Plugin configuration screen. Obviously, you'll have to obtain the BIOS file yourself.
Jul 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Did it, it's the same procedure. Everything is working now, thank you very much guys!!