Update 'stable' version?

May 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
The current version available for download on the home page is from 2010 - is there a possibility of building a more recent version to offer instead? A LOT of changes have happened since then, after all.
May 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
+1 ( this is a great idea for windows fans ( who does not know about emucr) and Linux fans too (who does not know, how to install from tar.gz ))
Developer
May 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Also, the OS X port has had many features added to it.
Jun 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
An update would be much, much appreciated. The Linux ( DEB, RPM package ) version especially, in my case. PSX emulation seems to move at a slower pace than other systems ( maybe it's just me. ) This particular emu is great and I'd love to see the latest changes easily accessible to everyone.
Jun 26, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Aye, an update would be great.

Forced to rely on EmuCR to get updates as I have no idea how to compile this myself. (no Windows instructions)

Also, should really change over to another SVN service, (like Orphis' buildbot), then there'd be no need for people to compile things themselves.
Developer
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I'll give it until next Monday, 1:00 PM Mountain time for commits for the current version, then I'm releasing a new version.
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for your time and effort towards PCSX-R
Developer
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
There is a new stable version released. Note that currently there is only the source code and a Mac executable available. Make sure you read the release notes.
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thank you for the new release, i will try it as soon as possible...
Aug 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Compiled in Linux Mint 13 "Maya" 64-bit. Works great! :)
Aug 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Windows 7, 32 bit, asus x55u (amd e2-1800).
The best video plugin is gsdx from pcsx2, with 'dont sleep'.
Chrono cross works great, but when i reach the 'change disk' part in the game, the game does not continue.
With epsxe 1.9, the 'change disk' part works and the epsxe sound plugin is better then the native pcsx.
Can i use the gsdx plugin under linux in pcsx? If yes, how?
Thank you for the great work...
Developer
Aug 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Hello szgyurcsak,

I don't think the gsdx plugin works on linux. Changing disk should work just by hitting the switch iso from the
file menu but if that does not work try this "To change to disc 2 try pressing F9 (open cover) then Esc then
Switch iso then "play button" then F10 (close cover). And on the 32bit pcsxr version for windows and linux
you can try Peops Spu v.1.9 or Eternal Spu.

You can find Peopsdsound Spu for both windows and Peopsoss for linux .

Pete's Domain

You can find Eternal Spu here.

Eternal Spu Windows

Eternal Spu Linux

You will need to install this package to get Eternal SPU to work on linux.

Libstdc++-libc6.2-2,so.3 RPM package
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Thanks for your answer, but sadly i reached a point in Chrono Cross where i have to go through a burning house.
In that part of the game, pcsx-r and epsxe is too slow on my laptop... :(
I'm back to psx 1.13...

Ps: Gsdx has to be on linux, because the new svn version has an update for the linux version...

Revision 5727
GSdx: fixed use-after-free (linux)