Keyboard Configuration

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I'm guessing there isn't but a girl can dream; is there any way I can change the keyboard configuration to change my savestate slots and to take screenshots and what not.

I mostly ask because on slightly smaller keyboards like mine, the f# buttons require two keys to press because they double up with screen brightness and sound options so you have to press both function+ the f# key.
It's not a big issue, just an inconvenience that I've come across a number of times, but a lot of emulators have the option to change the hotkeys so I can put them on my letters instead :/

Thanks for any help!

edit: on the same kind of chain, can anyone tell me where the screenshots even save (and if you can change that)? I have literally no idea...
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Yes, save state and other any special keys should be configurable also. I believe in OSX GUI these have been made so, but not yet in Linux or Windows. I'll see what I can do.

In Linux sshots go to HOME directory (dfxvideo and peopsgl plugins)
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Well now I have made a bit hackish approach so that dfinput plugin handles those keys. So it is also possible to map special keys to joypad. I still need to test this a bit more, and also make a GUI dialog where to configure these buttons.
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I sorted my screenshot problem fine (it was my computer messing around with locations as usual).

Thank you for the help as well, I was worried I was making stupid suggestions/questions. It's really nice to have the feedback.