Ape Escape PS1 crashes

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Game loads up fine, Sony Computer Entertainment Presents shows up, Game requires Dualshock shows up, then black screen and eventual crash.

Using a Dualshock 3 controller, though I don't think that's the issue.

Is this a known problem and is there a known solution?
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Not confirmed.
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I confirm this, but it's an issue with the old version from the official ubuntu repositories. The problem was that the input plugin was not switching to analog. In the new version there is another problem: the game doesn't react to the controller, so you're stuck at the start/demo screen. I can't compile myself due to unsolvable dependency issue, I use this ppa:

ppa:rebuntu16/pcsx-reloaded-svn+unofficial

The ppa was not easy to find. Would be nice to have an official ppa with the latest builds, it would solve a lot of issues for new users.
Developer
Mar 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Apparently there are lots of issues created based on 1.9.92 version problems. And because current SVN is way ahead shouldn't there be a 1.9.93 release?-)
Mar 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I agree that there should be a new stable release. At least from the places I frequent, a lot of people get recommended this emulator, then without knowing better, they come to download the stable version from this site, and then come back and complain that something isn't working, when such a problem was fixed many SVNs ago.
Developer
Mar 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I, too, would like to see a new stable version.
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Hi !

Ape Escape PAL French works fine