2 Controllers Issue!

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I'm pretty new to this stuff but one thing i do know is to always post details about my computer first:

2011 Macbook Pro 17"

2.2 GHz Intel Core I7

4GB DDR3 RAM

Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

And i've had the same problem with ALL the latest builds of PCSXR AND the latest official release.

Here it goes:

In all the latest builds there is the DFInput.psxplugin as the gamepad plugin. With this plugin. The program can't seem to find my 2 xbox360 controllers.

I know for sure that the computer finds them.(i've checked)

Anyhow. I've FOUND OUT. That the older HIDInput.psxplugin can find my 2 controllers perfectly. By downloading a much older version of pcsxr i was able to connect my 2 xbox360 controllers. But that old build had it's own issues because it was old...

Tried to put HIDInput.psxlugin in the plugin folder of the latest pcsxr's package directory. But it can't find it. It only finds DFInput.psxplugin. Which can't find my 2 controllers...

So, please if someone had this issue, let me know how you solved it

Developer
Jan 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM

It is odd that the DFInput plugin is having issues finding your XBox 360 controllers. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to check to make sure that the 360 drivers are 64-bit.

You can try running PCSX-R in 32-bit mode and see if it will use the HIDInput driver. You can also try running PCSX-R in 32-bit mode to see if DFInput can use the 360 controllers.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hello and thank you for the answer.

Starting pcsxr in 32-bit mode solved the problem. I could then load the HIDInput plugin and use my 2 controllers. Not in analog mode though. The buttons went apeshit with the analog setting, at least with syphon filter 2 and tekken 3. So now i use my two controllers in digital mode. Works fine for me. :)

Looking forward to the next official release!