[request] per game memory cards saves

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Is there a way to store a different mcr file for each game I want to play?
After playing two or three games with multiple savegames or making use of multiple blocks, the virtual memory card gets easily filled up, not too much differently from its real equivalent. In the end I have to juggle between multiple files and the clumsy memory card editor, at the same time trying to remember which file I used to store some previous savegame.

It effectively replicates faithfully the original memory card handling and logistics (well, maybe at this point you should put  some code that randomly erase their saves to be really faithful :D ) but it would be much easier if I could just specify the directory, while the emulator handles the single files, storing them , for example, as "SCUS_94.194.mcr" for Gran Turismo.

For specific cases (i.e., Metal Gear's Pyscho mantis memory card reading sequence) the user could still use the internal memory card editor.

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Replying because, if this feature request didn't already exist, I was going to make it myself, for the same reason. I have more than a dozen memory card files, with many games already using dedicated memory cards. Would be incredibly helpful to have the card switch automated, as seldom are the cases (Suikoden and Gran Turismo series, off the top of my head) where there is any benefit to having game saves not be segregated.