Are there any alternate controller plugins available for PCSXR?

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I really enjoy using PCSXR as it lets me play all my favorite ps1 games without switching to my windows partition. Recently though, I've been having a real problem with the controller plugin. When I try to play Ape Escape, a game that uses both analog sticks, the controller plugin seems to get confused and not recognize some of the directional inputs from my gamepad. As soon as the game starts my character starts running around in a circle and I can't stop. I also have epsxe on my windows partition, and when I run the same rom with the same gamepad it works perfectly, so I think it may be a controller plugin issue for PCSXR. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:39 PM

you can try hidinput from pcsxr-1.6pre if you are using mac

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Thanks for the advice. I've searched online though, and I can't find pcsxr-1.6 anywhere. Is it still online, and if not, would you know where to find it?

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:56 AM

EDIT: I took the plugins from pcsx, but the problem is that pcsxr doesn't recognize them, it only recognizes its own plugin. Im guessing the two might not be compatible?

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM

you need 1.6 as it is compiled for intel platform. if you are using earlier versions (ppc) it does not recognize them.

http://pcsx.gpost.dk/files/Pcsx-1.6pre.zip

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Lilypad is the Best Controller Plugin for PCSXR

It fully Supports Xbox360 and Dualshock 3 Controllers with Full Rumble

Download here - http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn

PCSX-R Emulator should make better Use of this Plugin

Jul 26, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I was having a similar problem.  I could not get my Xbox 360 controller's analog sticks to work properly with Ape Escape.  I fixed this by taking the HIDInput.psxplugin from 1.6 and added it to the plugins of the newer version of Pcsxr I am using. I also had to invert the y-axis on my right analog stick and that solved my analog stick problem but I lost the ability to use L3 and R3.  I'm not sure if I did this 100% correct but I figured out a way to add in these missing buttons into HIDInput.psxplugin and got those buttons to function with Ape Escape.  The only problem I have with it is when I start up Ape Escape my character spazzes out with his weapon but if I move my right analog stick a bit I regain control of my character.  If you want I can send you my edited version of HIDInput.psxplugin.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:14 AM

That would be very helpful. I tried taking the HIDIinput, and it worked once, but now it refuses to work again. Maybe it's my plugin. Also, for Stew, I think Lilypad is for Windows only? PCSXR on my Mac doesn't recognize it even when it's in the same folder.

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I'm not sure if this will help you but it might.

Here is a link for my edited version of the HIDInput.psxplugin

http://www.mediafire.com/?zn0i9utwc8tfm4o

I apologize if this site doesn't let you download it.  I just google'd for a file hosting website.  If it doesn't let me know and I'll try to find another way to get you the file.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:17 PM

It might be better to try another website; that one shares your e-mail address with third parties: http://www.filehosting.org/privacy_terms.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that.

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Wow, thanks for giving me a download link. I got your file. Unfortunately it still doesn't work; the character doesn't move at all with this one, although I can select it among the plugins. You did give me another idea which is that I totally forgot that you can connect xbox 360 controllers via USB. My friend is borrowing mine, and when he returns it I think I will test it out. For the time being I will just play on the windows partition with epsxe. Thanks for your help!

Developer
Nov 17, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Please note that the HIDInput driver won't work under 64-bit mode, and svn compiles a universal 64-32-bit Intel universal binary. You need to set PCSXR to launch in 32-bit mode.