Adding PPC/ARM dynarec sources to the repo

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to re-add the PPC dynarec to the repository. While I understand that some work needs to be done to resync the PPC dynarec with the rest of pcsx-r, I am interested in seeing pcsx-r run on PS3-linux. Also, the could be others running PPC Mac that would like to use the dynarec.

Also, is there any interest in adding the ARM dynarec from pcsx4all? (This is the pcsx-r port to Wiz/Pandora handhelds that was made a couple months ago.)

Is there a pcsx-r channel on IRC for discussing development?

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM

It would not be useful at all to readd the powerpc dynarec unless someone is able to maintain it, as it will not likely to work at all. There are also some endianness issues which need to be fixed

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Well, there is one other person on the WiiSX team and I that are interested in maintaining the ppc dynarec because we already use it in WiiSX. However, we do not have all of the other core improvements that have been made to pcsx-reloaded in recent months. Hence, we would like to update to pcsx-reloaded's source and also get it working on ppc-linux.

We know that the accelerated video plugin has endianness issues, and we are possibly interested in fixing it up, ourselves. We currently use the soft video plugin, which doesn't have endianness issues. Can you tell us what other areas of the core/plugins in the pcsx-reloaded repo there are where you expect there to be endianness issues?

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Edited Nov 23, 2010 at 2:42 AM

> Well, there is one other person on the WiiSX team and I that are interested in maintaining the ppc dynarec because we already use it in WiiSX. However, we do not have all of the other core improvements that have been made to pcsx-reloaded in recent months. Hence, we would like to update to pcsx-reloaded's source and also get it working on ppc-linux.

Cool, will readd the original ppc dynarec after the weekend :)

Thanks. 

> We know that the accelerated video plugin has endianness issues, and we are possibly interested in fixing it up, ourselves. We currently use the soft video plugin, which doesn't have endianness issues. Can you tell us what other areas of the core/plugins in the pcsx-reloaded repo there are where you expect there to be endianness issues?

Some stuff added to the core may have endianness issues too - such as gameshark dongle support in sio.c and I-cache support.

-----
EDIT: done. You should also have SVN write access now :)

Thanks again. 

Developer
Dec 5, 2011 at 4:20 AM

I, too, am curious to know of any plans to add the ARM dynarec from another open-source project. With Windows having an ARM port in 8, it might not be too far-fetched to maintain an ARM port here.