No keyboard at all for certain games.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:52 AM

First of all, let me say great job on this. It played Xenogears out of the box. From what I understand, a notoriously difficult game to run properly.

I am a noob when it comes to emulating anything more than old school cartridge games. Having said that, here's my situation. I am running Ubuntu Lucid (among others) on a Toshiba Satellite P25-s607 with 2 GB RAM and a nVidia Geforce FX Go5200 64 MB. As I said before my .iso of Xenogears plays flawlessly. Final Fantasy VII on original disc seems to play fine (I've only gone a few minutes into the game). However, Dragon Warrior VII will not play using the simulated BIOS. I have tried several actual BIOS's and it plays but I lose my keyboard input. Similar with Vagrant Story. The difference with V.S. is that it will play with either the simulated or actual BIOS's but doesn't have any keyboard input regardless.

I've spent the last several hours hunting the Internet and found no one else with this exact issue. Any advice and suggestions on this are greatly appreciated.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM

We keep making timing changes. I know that it can cause unwanted joypad problems - like not responding in Need for Speed, Rhapsody, Xenogears, LSD Dream Emulator, etc.

If you're able to compile yourself, try going into psxmem.c file and change 'psxRegs.cycle +=2' --> psxRegs.cycle += 0 or psxRegs.cycle += 1

That might unclog your problem. Sometimes interpreter mode (CPU options) will fix it up too.