analog sixaxis on pcsx

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM

hi there guys,

firstly thanks for a great program, runs most of the games i have.

Currrently i cannot get my analog axes to work on any games. When i configure them as dpad they work (but as dpad). However when i try and register them as analog axes, and switch over to analog(f5) in the game, the game (all of them) tell me the control has been removed (or control freezes up). I've tried it with a couple of pcsx versions, namely: the current version from the ubuntu ppa, the newest version from this site and the latest svn version.

I know the analog axes work because they register as dpads and because they work in espxe(wine).

Anyone know how i can get the axes to work in pcsx?

thanks

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Are you on Linux or OS X?  The latest two change sets of PCSX-Reloaded ported a new input plugin for OS X, and that might solve your problem.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM

after latest changes on the input plugin my logitech dual action works great using both digital or analog controls (legend of dragoon)

in some other games analog doesn't work(digital still works tho), i guess the analog on/off button needs to be emulated too.. anotherv entry on the input plugin maybe? (metal gear solid)

i'm on osx, i'll test it on gentoo soon

thx

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM

i can second this from Gentoo Linux and pcsx-r 1.9.92.

couldn't make MGS use analog axes. also, some documentation or hints about stuff like F5 button and video plugin in-game switches (del, end, etc.) would be nice.

in epsxe pushing F5 also shows analog/digital indicator on top right corner of the screen. there is nothing in pcsx-r so i not sure what exactly happening.

but in Resident Evil 2 nor d-pad nor left stick works after pressing F5 switch until it pressed again.

there is no support for force feedback found on such gamepads (and linux drivers for them) either.

my is "044f:b323 ThrustMaster, Inc. Dual Trigger 3-in-1 (PC Mode)".

otherwise working nice, thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2010 at 2:32 AM

F5 does not switch from digital to analog. It's used to toggle the "SIO IRQ always enabled" and should only be used if the game crashes/freezes to try getting past the crash/freeze point.

Aug 15, 2010 at 4:41 AM
so , where is digital/analog switch anyway, if any ? adding one into controller configuration dialog and creating some state indicator indeed would make sense. that way you can even assign it on gamepad, if it has more spare buttons or triggers (like mine has).