Final Fantasy issues

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Hey, I've been playing through Final Fantasy 9 on the Mac version of PCSX-R with some minor issues with sound sync and slow downs. There are some pressing issues however when in Field view mode after Evil Forest. The Avatar and summoned Moogle are whited out completely and unavoidably. Is there any way to avoid this out there? I've tried the Windows version through converting the .exe file with Wine and Winebottler with the same problems (if not many more additional problems)

I've also heard about and am worried by the infamous Dali crash, if theres any way to avoid this I could do with knowing just in case.

Any help here would be pretty sweet. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Also I've got the battle menus flickering pretty bad as well. And slowing down of sound going into battles.

I'm running on Snow Leopard with the version that came out today on Intel Mac. 

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:24 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Dali crash should have been fixed for long.

The flickering issue looks like a timing issue, on other OSes it can be workaround'ed by using the OpenGL/D3D plugin.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Cool, I've been running the Windows version of it on Wine recently and it's a lot better, I'll check out that plugin, thanks! The only problem I have know which seems like a pretty standard one across the board with Wine and Wine Bottler is USB driver support. Does anyone know if a fix is around for this yet? I'm aiming to have my Logitech Dual Action USB pad working with PCSX.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I just stumbled across this now, and I'm sorry for resurrecting an old thread.  If you compile Wine yourself (or with MacPorts, Homebrew, PlayonMac, or some other way to get Wine), gamepads will work properly.