This release includes many bugfixes over the three years, as well as many
enhancements to the OS X version.
- SIO1 support is enabled by default.
- OpenAL can be the back-end to the sound plug-in.
- Removal of the GXVideo plug-in code.
- Multi-block saves are copied correctly.
OS X version
Note that the OS X version requires 10.7 or later.
- The placement of the PCSX-R folder in Application Support has changed from Pcsx to Pcsxr. Please migrate any files that are in Pcsx over to Pcsxr.
- The net plug-in has been ported to OS X.
- The PeopsXGL plug-in has been ported to OS X.
- Memory cards can be changed outside of the BIOS.
- Hotkeys are customizable.
- There are two sound plug-ins: one that uses SDL, and another that uses OpenAL.
- Mac OS X sound, which used the deprecated Carbon Sound manager, has been removed.
- SDL2 is used for the SDL sound and the controller plug-in.
- Self-signed to appease Gatekeeper.