Problem when playing

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Hi there, a few issues on the emulator that i like to share.

In none of other plugins that were supposed to work with pcsx, i was able to open a graphic config interface, and i mean i tryed graphics, sound, controller.
The built-in graphic plugins: xvideo works properly but has glitches with frame rate and the worst appearance( only 3d)( even when stretching), while openGl show the bars on my system and sometimes don't fullscreen at all.
Sound glitches happen but that is possibly due to framerate.
Controller is active as analog but game don't recognizes it.

My system is ok, i have Ubuntu 9.10 running on a PC Dual core with 2GB RAM and Geforce 8400 GS. I have nvidia drivers but don't know really if its working properly.
What bums me out the most is that some times the game runs ok while others it becomes unplayable.

I really aprecciate the work you guys do, and i hope you don't take my criticism badly.
However those issues can very well be within my system, if so, is there anyway to fix that?

Thank you!

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2009 at 5:17 AM

well criticisms are okay as long as the problems actually exist :)

for the controller if the problem is it doesn't respond at all in certain games with "analog" selected, you may want to try the latest SVN version which has a new pad plugin which should fix this problem.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM

i had the same problem yesterday. I tried runing in a console and it said that libgtk1.2.so.0 was missing.

U have to install libgtk1.2 but it was removed from karmic's repos, so u need to add the repos from jaunty and install it.

look here for better instructions.

http://www.rabbnix.com/vb/showthread.php?t=979

u should have no problems after doing that.