support of evdev devices in dfinput

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hello, I think that dfinput need support of /dev/input/event* devices (It's new generic layer for input device in Linux). Or it can use SDL for input.

PS. You can fork OnePad plugin for Pcsx2. I try to compile (wih minor modifications) it, it succesfully compiles, and config window works very well, but this plugin doesn't have PadReadPort*.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I'm trying to write a new plugin which uses SDL for joystick. The keyboard should still be handled with X11 as SDL events API is not available unless SDL is also used for video.

I make no promise that it will be better than the current dfinput plugin or it will ever get done though :)

onepad is not an option as I don't want C++ stuff.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

the new SDL-based plugin is now commited into the SVN. It still needs more testing though.

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Thanks for a hard work! It works on a first glance, the only issue is that cfgDFInput can't save L/R-Stick settings.

PS. Also plugin disables keyboard auto-repeat on exit.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM

fixed the analog stick settings bug, thanks

the auto-repeat problem shouldn't happen unless emulator crashed.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Thanks for fix! Main problem with auto-repeat is that when I close emulator window (with close button), pcsx show me error <unknown>: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0 and auto-repeat is off until I start pcsx and exit it with ESC(so I can see main gui)-File-Exit. I found this problem only with OpenGL plugin. When I use XVideo plugin, all is OK. Another strange fact is that when emulation is running, auto-repeat works! (As I suppose, auto-repeat intend to be switched off when emulation is running)
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM

changed to use XkbSetDetectableAutoRepeat() instead of disabling the autorepeat globally on start and reenabling on exit or switching to other windows, which should solve the problem :)

also fixed the error with OpenGL plugin, now it should be possible to click on close button to return to the main UI.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Thanks! All works now.