adding sub-sections to .cht files

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks to the Codeplex discussions, I am now able to create .cht files for use with PCSX R. However, I was wondering if there is a way to denote different sections of the .cht file. I'll do my best to explain with an example.

I have a .cht file for Crash Bandicoot 3. It has level specific codes, but they have similar, if not identical, names. So currently my cheat selection list through PCSX R looks like this:

99 Fruits
All Crates Open
99 Fruits
All Crates Open

Obviously this looks like the same two cheats, listed twice. However, they are actually intended to be used for different levels. Ideally, I'd like my cheats selection window to look something like this:

TOAD VILLAGE CODES.:
99 Fruits
All Crates Open
UNDER PRESSURE CODES:
99 Fruits
All Crates Open.

Is it possible to do what I'm hoping for and, if so, how would I need to enter those headings in the .cht file?

This is a small issue in many ways, but solving it would make it easier when selecting cheats for particular levels. I've come across this type of thing on commercial cheat systems which I've used in the past and it would be nice to apply it here.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Dec 24, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Hello, just as a follow-up.

I should perhaps have been clearer. To put it another way, I'd like to have entries in my .cht file without checkboxes. These entries would act as headings and denote the cheats underneath. For example, "Toad Village codes", in the case of Crash Bandicoot 3.

As a sidenote, I did try using a .iso of Gameshark V5. I am able to select cheats and progress to the prompt to insert the game CD. I paused the emulation, ejected the Gameshark ISO and loaded that of my game. I then un-pause the emulator. However, when I press the "X" button to continue to the game, I am just taken back to the screen which asks whether or not to start the game with or without cheats. I select either option and am once again taken to the "Insert game" screen. Pressing "X" again takes me back to the previous screen. In effect, it's looping. Does Gameshark V5 not work with PCSX R?

I am using the Mac version, so can't use PEC.

Cheers.