trouble importing .cht files

May 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this so sorry if this seems obvious.

I have successfully loaded and played Crash Bandicoot — the first one — using PCSX R on a mid-2012 Macbook Pro. However, I'd like to try and use some cheat codes for it.

I found some Crash Bandicoot Gameshark codes, created a .RTF file with them in Text Edit and changed the file extension to .cht. However, when I attempt to import this into PCSX R's Cheats window, nothing appears.

I created a second file with just one cheat and tried importing this, still with no improved results.

Here is an example of how I formatted my .cht file:

[*Level Select]
30061948 0040

[*Reset to 99 Lives at Map]
800618EC 6300

[*Reset to 2nd Mask at Map]
800618F0 0200

I tried a sample .cht file for Final Resistance which I found online, and the cheats imported successfully, so it does work if done correctly. I attempted to copy my formatting from the downloaded file.

I realise that it's difficult to resolve without access to my file, but does anyone have any suggestions — perhaps there's something obvious which I'm missing?

Any help much appreciated.
Developer
May 12, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Sorry for the late reply…
First off, the .CHT file must plain text. .RTF files aren't plain text, but .TXT files are. In TextEdit, go to Format>Make Plain Text to convert the RTF file to a plain text file, then save the file and change the extension to .cht.
May 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Hi, thanks for your answer. Really helpful and I am now able to use .cht files.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone