Keyboard Dosen't Work

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:38 AM
I'm a noob to this so bare with me. Everything is working except for the input. I can successfully run games from the ISO files but not matter what key I press nothing happens. Also, when I do input configuration and double-click on an entry, pressing a key on my keyboard doesn't assign a new key. Any suggestions?
Apr 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM
I had this same issue for the longest of times, one reason I went back to ePSXe.
The problem disappeared when I downloaded the pre-configured version of PCSX-R with Pete's OpenGL2 Tweak (GTE hack stuff).
It's quite bizarre that this issue's STILL not addressed properly in the official releases. Some people actually prefer / have to use KB as their controller.
Apr 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2015 at 11:49 AM
I assume both of you are using the default plugin?

Funnily enough the reason why I prefer PCSX-R over ePSXe is because of the input, more specifically the ability to choose a different input plugin.

The one I'm using is lilypad from PCSX2 (yes it should work even though its intended to be used in a different emulator for a different console), to be more specific I'm using the XInput wrapper so I'm able to use my DS3 controller to its full potential (wireless, pressure sensitive buttons and rumble) and as far as I can tell it works flawlessly.

If you don't want to mess around with that (since it seems you just want to use your keyboard and setting up the wrapper is not exactly straightforward), the official plugin should also do the trick.
To obtain the latest (non-dev) version of the plugin its probably best to download the latest official binary release of PCSX2, extract the files and locate the lilypad dll in the plugins folder.
Then just copy&paste the dll to your PCSX-R plugins folder, configure the emulator to use it and you should be able to configure your input devices the same way you would do in PCSX2.

If you're not using Windows it might be a bit more tricky to get the plugin (if you're specifically aiming for lilypad) since it doesn't seem to be included in the Linux and Mac releases on the website.
Or you could just try other (PCSX2) input plugins that are available, though I can't really say how well other plugins work (if at all).

Assuming the issue lies within PCSX-R's default input plugin, this should at least circumvent the issue until its hopefully fixed someday (I never bothered with the default plugin so I can't say anything about this issue).