PCSXR-93286 (Mac) Quits When Configuring Sound Plugins.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Running on Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz and Mac OS 10.8.5.

To replicate my issue; open Preferences>Plugins>then under Sound, choose Configure.

From the Console log on my Mac I can see the following reason;

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NetSfPeopsSPUALPluginController interpolValue]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f94d487f600'

I have the full length of the crash report if anyone would like to see it. Thanks.
Developer
Feb 4, 2015 at 5:12 PM
That is a strange bug. You might have to send the full crash report, as I can't replicate the bug on my Yosemite computer.
I suggest you use something like pastebin, as formatting might mess up the report.
Feb 7, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. Here's the full report; Crash Report
Developer
Feb 7, 2015 at 11:31 PM
I can't see how the plug-in is crashing here, so I'm installing Mountain Lion on a virtual machine.
Feb 8, 2015 at 9:35 AM
Thanks. If it helps, the last latest build release I can run without this issue is pcsxr 90608. Also please note, I have not compiled the app myself, I am downloading them from ConsoleEmu. So I don't know which X-Code or Mac OS they were compiled on. Thanks again.
Developer
Feb 8, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Ah, that might explain why I didn't have issues in my VM. I will try ConsoleEmu's build.
Feb 9, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Is the Mac version vastly different than the Linux version? It seems to have a lot of issues that the Linux version does, but also it's own issues?
Developer
Feb 10, 2015 at 1:17 AM
The Mac version uses its own UI, but a lot of the underlying code is similar. What 198X is having a problem with is some Mac code.
Developer
Feb 10, 2015 at 1:38 AM
There seems to be a problem with the ConsoleEmu version in general: the same steps crashed on my Yosemite computer.

Looking at it, it seems that there's old versions of the libSPUSharedCode library in the plug-ins (I have moved the library to the PCSXR app itself). So the distributor should clean his project, then rebuild.
Feb 10, 2015 at 5:07 AM
So basically the site just has some leftover build stuff residing in the directory where it compiles things and that is what is causing the issue? It seems like code that has been moved would be an issue with...maybe a stale repo link or something? It just seems odd to me...

Is Xcode used for this? I have never even thought about comparing it to Visual Studio until now...

Also, why not use something like Qt for the GUI, that way everything is the same on all platforms? :D
Feb 10, 2015 at 7:15 AM
xcodebuild -workspace Pcsxr.xcworkspace -scheme PCSXR
I don't use the Xcode GUI.
Also, a cross platform GUI toolkit (Wxwidgets/Qt)would be nice, but we still have the plugins' GUI to deal with, and I'm not sure of any way to deal with that (PCSX2 just keeps the GUI toolkit for the native platform, Win32 for Windows, GTK+ for Linux)

No, the guy that was building the project didn't clean (xcodebuild -workspace Pcsxr.xcworkspace -scheme PCSXR clean) so there's leftovers of old code.