Game suddenly speed up after I press the "i" key in the keyboard

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I just installed PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93 on my Mac. when I play the game, the game suddenly speed up after I press the "i" key from my keyboard, the fps changes from 60 to 122. I only configure the controller and I couldn't find how to disable the 'I' key function.

I checked the Hotkeys in PCSXR preferences but I didn't found the "I" key setting.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Developer
Oct 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
It might be bound to one of the hotkeys.
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I thought the same thing. I go to the PCSXR->Preferences->Hotkeys, I set all the hotkeys to other keys, but the "i" key still works. Is there some ways to check the hotkeys configuration? or is there have some configure files I can look into? Thanks!
Jan 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM
I was having the same problem as you, friend- very frustrating. I've got it back to a reasonable speed by going into the SoftGL Driver preferences, enabling "Hacks", and enabling "Use PC FPS calculation". After that, it seems that the "I" key toggles the frame speed change. Hope it helps!

Edit:
After trying this out, it seems to lag a lot. I'm not so sure this is the cure to our ails, unfortunately.
Developer
Jan 18, 2015 at 12:52 AM
I found the problem: the HandleKey command in the GUI plug-ins was mapping the "i" key sent to it as GPU_FRAME_LIMIT.
I'll look into fixing the attachHotkeys() method to fix this oversight.
Developer
Jan 18, 2015 at 1:18 AM
It should be fixed in SVN now.