PCSX-R Slowdowns

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Hi people I have a problem with slowdowns in lot of games for example in Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0
When I´m start that game on another emulator than PCSX-R, The game doesn´t have slowdowns, The game only have slowdowns on PCSX-R. Fraps is showing that I have 60 FPS but the game is slow. I´m using GPU plugin - GPUBladeSoft 1.42
and my PC specs is - GPU - AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series, CPU - Intel Xeon Quad Core 3.00GHZ, RAM - 4GB RAM DDR2
Thank you for help :)
Developer
Sep 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Edited Sep 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Hello Seznam88,

If your running pcsxr-91276 linux version try to turn off the compatibility hack. You can also try to compile pcsxr removing
psxRegs.cycle += somenumber; from the psxmem.c file. It's a hack to slow down wipeout but unfortunately it slows down alot of other games. Also try using peopsoft gpu or peopsgl because bladesoft is a lot slower.

BTW: The compatibility hack i believe is not yet implemented for pcsxr windows version.
Sep 2, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I have windows version of PCSX-R r91276.
I tried another GPU plugins but still same results.
Sep 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Can you still help me ?
Developer
Sep 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Hello seznam88,

You can try to see if this link still works

http://zalil.ru/uploaded/a7Wpc it's faster version of pcsxr edgbla made.
Sep 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM
The link is dead :(
Developer
Sep 6, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Hello seznam88,

Okay i will try to see if i still have it some where. If not i can compile one with the wipe out removed to see if that
works better for you but it will about 4 hours from now.
Developer
Sep 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Hello seznam88,

I believe this is the one that is faster. You will have to wait about 1 minute for the download to start. Click on the link at
the bottom of the page.

Pcsxr-Fast
Oct 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Hi after some time,
I start to play Crash Bandicoot on that faster version which Solis upload me and I reach level named Rolling Stones and I reach the save bonus of this level where I jump to the teleport next to the girl and the game normally allow me to save the game after that, but not for me. for me the game froze but not at all I can still see a butterfly flying around the screen, I still can pause the game and unpause it again, but that´s everything I´m stuck at that screen looking at frozen girl, flying butterfly and pausing and unpausing the game over and over again.
I tried the Normal Version of PCSX-R exactly newest revision of PCSX-R and the game continue and allow me to save the game but not in the Faster Version and Normal Version have that slowdowns, so I think that Faster Version of PCSX-R is compiled from the some old version of PCSX-R where that game have this bug so if anyone compile Faster Version of the newest revision of PCSX-R I think the problem is gonna be solved and I and everyone else get Faster Version of the newest PCSX-R and can play every game without slowdowns and Crash 1 without that bug.
Can anybody help me with it ?
Thank you very much in advance :)
Developer
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Hello seznam88,

You can try this version. I don't know if it's going to help you because the version of pcsxr you were using was a version compiled by edgla and he did not state the changes he made to it.

BTW: Make sure compatibility hack is off in the cpu settings.

PCSXR-91360S