PCSXR Mac Memory Card Folder Location

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm having issues using another memory card file because I can't locate the folder to copy it to. In my preferences, in the memory card section it has two memory cards called mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr, but I can't actually search for these two files in my mac. It says they're in a folder called "memory cards", but searching finder and spotlight says that that folder and those files don't exist.

Are they invisible or hidden? I don't know what to do.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Developer
Aug 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM
The location of the memory card folder is ~/Library/Application Support/Pcsxr/Memory Cards. Memory cards can be selected from anywhere on the system, though.

Apple hid the user's Library folder in Lion, and even though you can make it visible again in Mavericks, Spotlight sees it as a "system folder" and won't show Spotlight results without explicitly saying that you want to include system files. Perhaps the memory cards' default location should be moved to, say, the Documents folder?
Aug 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM
That's what I thought, however there is nothing in that folder, aside from the gamesave I downloaded. Here's a screenshot of my library/application support folder. I haven't moved any default folder locations so I don't understand why the memory cards appear in that folder in PCSXr, but not in my actual computer when I look for them.

I am stumped!

http://imgur.com/Vcb8pm7
Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, which version of PCSXR are you using? Which version of Mac OS X?
Aug 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM
PCSXR 1.9.93 and Mac OS X 10.9.4.

I successfully got it to recognize the other memory card in the folder so it's not a huge problem, I just thought it was super weird that the stock memory card pcsxr files don't show up.
Mar 19, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Hello,

I have a "similar" issue.

I have PCSXR v 1.9.93 running fine, but the application is not recognizing memory cards. Even when I create/delete/format one from the app. So each time, I am not able to save my progress in the game.
I am running FFVIII with the Bios SCPH1001.
I am on Mac OS X 10.10.2.

I do have the memory cards (empty) , in the right directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Pcsxr/Memory Cards

Thanks in advance.
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM
After a restart.. It was 'fixed'. It's working fine now.