Logitech Dual Action + Linux + PCSX-Reloaded

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM

So I've been trying PCSXR on Linux (Linux Mint 17 64-bit for now, but it makes no difference actually). The emulation itself works fine, all is well... except for controlling the games. I have a Logitech Dual Action gamepad, which itself works fine. However the analog controls don't seem to work properly.

I've set everything properly in the controller settings, but when I get to actually play a game, it's as if it doesn't sense properly, how the left stick is pressed. The controller works fine in other programs, as well on Windows with ePSXe 1.9.0.

I'm using PCSXR 1.9.94 for now, compiled from source, but I've been trying the one which comes with my distro aswell, no difference.

The game I've been testing it with was Crash Bandicoot 3, which utilizes the analog controls well, so it's good for testing. Well, when I start the game, in the main menu already, I can't select new game or load game properly, because if I just touch the stick, it's as if I would've pressed it quickly up and down and it's impossible to work this out. The controller's calibrated properly, I know that for sure. This is a PCSX-R related issue.
When I get into the game and for example press the stick forward, Crash doesn't just walk or run forward, but it's as if I would be pressing the stick in multiple directions at once. It's very strange all-in-all.

Screenshots of the configuration:

Edit: I've also recorded how this looks like actually, though the video is choppy...
Aug 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Hello Turion,

Try to change Device to some thing other then Null.
Aug 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM
There's either none or Null. But the controller itself works, it's strictly a problem with the analog stick. What's recognized as Null is actuall the Dual Action Gamepad (probably)
Sep 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Now now... in the latest SVN this seems to have been fixed! :) Great!