SPU IRQ disables keyboard

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM
I'm running PCSX-R on a 2012 Macbook Pro. There are a couple of games that require the "SPU IRQ always enabled" hack to get very far (Valkyrie Profile, for example). However, whenever I activate the SPU option, I am no longer able to input any commands. I'm pretty new to emulators in general so I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks.
Developer
Mar 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Since those hacks mess with the IRQ handling, it is of course game dependent what happens. Seeing keyboard freezing is not abnormal. Those IRQ hacks have become sort of obsolete and could be that no game benefits of them without any additional issue.

Post an issue with save state where your original issue happens (you have to use SPU IRQ hack there).
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I'm sorry, I don't quite know what you're asking me to do. If you're asking me to upload save data from a point right before the crash occurs, then I'm afraid I can't oblige you, because in both games I know of where this occurs, the game always freezes before I can even get through the intro, much less to a save point.