Metal Gear

Developer
Mar 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

I seem to get a lot of pauses when trying to play metal gear on linux with the dfsound plugin
this does not happen on windows with the eternal spu sound plugin. Another issue i see is
that at some points the game says it's running 60 frames but, the game is a bit laggy. This
was tested with scph1001.bin on Slackware 14 pcsxr-89233 64bit Nvidia Driver 331.38.

I play a bit farther on the windows version and at the fight with Revolver Ocelot the game gets
very laggy even though it says it's running at 60 frames.
Developer
May 17, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Edited May 17, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just found out whats causing the slowdowns. It's this patch thats causing the problem.
Removing all the psxReg.cycles from the psxmem.c seems to fixes the slowdowns.

https://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/56820

BTW: I can also see that it also removes lag in CastlevaniaSTON,Dino Crisis 2,Ridge Racer,
Ridge Racer Type4 Bonus Disc and probably alot more games.
Coordinator
May 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM
unfortunately a lot of work is needed to fix this properly (as simply removing that psxRegs.cycles stuff would break other games such as Wipeout 1) :(
Developer
May 17, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Edited May 18, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Hello weimingzhi,

That sucks. :( What other games do you know of that this breaks because, i believe that this is hurting more games than it is helping by have this patch in.

BTW: I have done a quick test of my psx library 80+ games and they seem to work fine without the patch.