Breath of Fire 4 FPS limit problem

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM
I've got quite the annoying problem while playing BoF4. No matter what I do or what graphic or even sound plugin i use its always the same. FPS Limit ruins the fps in heavy 3d areas like towns or forests. Without it I can run the game at 200 fps with maximizing every image enhancing setting there is but the moment I turn FPS limit on i get terrible slowdowns in those areas.

Whats interesting is that the built in FPS counter doesnt even register the slowdowns but they are VERY noticable its atleast a drop to 30 fps or maybe even lower. So far I tried : Soft Driver 1.17, OpenGL Driver 1.78, Pete's OpenGL Driver 2.9 and Gsdx 1.14 in every instances its the same. I set all the settings off/lowest and all on/max also tried some combinations in between and its always the same with FPS limit on it lags in certain areas while without it its always max FPS which is 200 i guess? Read somehwere that audio plugins might cause slowdowns too so tried direct sound 1.0 and 1.9 but no change.

My pc is a AMD A-5800k Quad@4.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3-2133Mhz and a Radeon 7770 HD 1024MB.

Hope someone knows some solution to this problem of mine as I really enjoy the game and I'd love to enjoy it without those annoying slowdowns. All help greatly appreciated.
Jan 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Have you tried manually setting the FPS limit to 60? It technically should be the same as letting it autodetect, but I've had better luck maintaining consistent FPS by setting it manually.
Jan 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Yup tried it if any kind of frame limit is on I get lags in the 3d heavy areas. Without limit it runs at 200 fps all the time.