Save State Location

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I'm trying to cloud sync my save states and I've run into a strange issue that I was hoping you guys could help me with. My save states work just fine, but I can't figure out where in the world they are being saved to.

I have the normal save state folder ( pcsx-r/sstates) folder symbolically linked with a folder in dropbox (I don't know if this matters, but it's also on a different physical hard disk). I can see one save state in the dropbox folder (CHRONOCROSS-SLUS01041.000) which I can load and save over (the time stamp correctly updates), however I don't see any other files in the folder.

The odd thing is, I've tried making other save states and they work just fine. I can save and load, I just have no idea where they are being saved to. For example, I tried switching save slots in Chrono Cross which I would assume creates CHRONOCROSS-SLUS01041.001. However, I see NO new files being created on my hard drive either in the dropbox folder or anywhere else that look like the save state (as searched for by name as well as by creation date) I've quite out of PCSX-R and then successfully loaded the new save state, so I know it works, I just can't find it. I've also tried making save states for other games and I don't see files for those being made either though I've verified that they states are being created and can be saved/loaded.

So, do you guys know where these save states are? Thanks!
Nov 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Any ideas?
Developer
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Check that you've created Symbolic correctly. Also check that Dropbox or which ever is monitoring that directory is not deleting those files while they are being written.

You easily verify that it is not the latter case by symlinking ~/.pcsxr/sstates to ~/.pcsxr/sstates2 and then seeing if everything works. Remember to create destination symlink directory.