1.9.94 release delayed

Developer
Nov 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I had hoped that the 1.9.94 release would be available on the first of November. However, due to computer issues, I won't be able to make the OS X package. I'll try to organize the release by next week: my computer should be up by then.

Also, 1.9.94 will be the last version to support 10.7, as well as 10.8. Yes, I'm jumping on the Mavericks-only bandwagon. Unless a lot of people object to this.
Nov 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
No objections here. I imagine v1.9.95 will be released in about 3 - 6 months from now. I think that's a reasonable window for upgrading to Mavericks (for free). Though, I do hope you keep v1.9.94 around for a long while.

I'm curious, are there any Mavericks-only features that you plan on leveraging in v1.9.95? App nap? GameController.framework? OpenGL 4.1?
Developer
Nov 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM
The main thing I want to use was actually implemented in Mountain Lion: Base localizations. It allows a nib file to be the template for localized .strings files. That, with constraints, should make localizing for other languages easier.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I don't see any reason to do a new release so soon.
Developer
Nov 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of bug fixes than extra features, although OS X does have partial translations of French and Hungarian.
Developer
Nov 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
edgbla wrote:
I don't see any reason to do a new release so soon.
When do you think a good time between releases would be? Because I don't want the same delay between 1.9.92 and 1.9.93.
Coordinator
Nov 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Pff, we can't do 'pcsxr2' to avoid confusion with 'pcsx2'.
Maybe 1.9.931 or 1.9.100 after 1.9.99?