Why can't I get any input plugins to work?

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
This is driving me nuts, hopefully it's just something dumb I'm missing.

I've tried several different input plugins (LilyPad, Pokopom XInput Pad, SSSPSX Pad, etc) and NONE of them register anything once I start a game. It just acts like there isn't a controller plugged in. I can configure them fine in the plugins menu so my controller is definitely working. I've used pcsx-r in the past and I didn't have this problem, so I'm totally baffled.

Not sure if it helps, but I'm running SVN r87392 on Windows 8.1 x64. I also tried the latest stable version, 1.9.93, and it did the same thing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it originally, but I'm using a wireless Xbox 360 controller. Something weird is definitely going on with pcsx-r. When I start a game, the guide light blinks a few times. No idea why it does this or what it might indicate, but it's not normal behavior. It doesn't do this with ePSXe and it works fine in that emulator. So... is anyone else with a 360 controller running into the same issue, or is it just me? Any help would be great... I really like pcsx-r and I'd love to use it instead of ePSXe.

EDIT #2: I tracked down an older build of pcsx-r (r82818) for comparison, and my controller works fine with that. Is it possible there was a change sometime after that build that broke something? I'm going to go through the revisions and see if I can pinpoint it.
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM
You're not alone, I'm experiencing this as well.
I'm using keyboard, no funny gamepads in between either.

The ePSXe emulators work fine, I can still change graphics-plugin settings with Insert, Delete, Home and End keys once emulation starts, but that's it.
Is the latest build bugged ?
Oct 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I ended up resolving it by deleting the settings that were stored in the registry and starting over. I think I mentioned this in the issue I opened, but I forgot to post it here also. Not sure why it's necessary to do that, but it worked for me.

Did you try that?
Jul 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this same problem on a Mac? PCSX seems to work fine. I switched to PCSX Reloaded because one game, in particular, keeps freezing after the first cut scene, and I think it doesn't do that with PCSXR. Anyway, I can't get my keyboard to work as a controller. Also, I can't seem to install any new plugins. I have copied the plugin from the PCSX package, and put it inside the PCSXR package, with the other plugins. After the copy, I've double-clicked on the plug-in and it tells me it's been successfully installed into PCSXR. However, I never see these new plugins from within the configuration screen.

Any tips would be appreciated. I've found this bug referenced in multiple places on the web but, so far I've not found an actual solution.