PCSX-Reloaded w32 1.9.92 Legend of dragoon save

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
so this is the first time that I have used this type of software and by the way its awesome! But I cant seem to save my legend of dragoon game at all. when i'm in the game and I get to a save point I try to save it and it just says something like "checking memory card" and it doesn't go past that. If someone could help me with some step by step directions that would be great!. Thanks
Developer
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Sound like HLE BIOS issue. Try using authentic BIOS.

(in)-Compatibility list: https://pcsxr.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=PCSX-Reloaded%20incomplete%20HLE%20compatibility%20list
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I don't really know what your talking about. like I said this is the first time i'm using any type of software like this
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Like I don't know what I need to actually do to fix the problem.
Developer
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Hello rstanley66,

You need a PSX bios. Place it in the bios in the pcsxr bios directory. Then run pcsxr>Configure>bios>select your psx bios.
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM
place what in the pcsxr bios directory?
Developer
Oct 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Hello Solis,

Try doing a search on youtube to for "How to install psx bios".
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I have the PSX Bios in the correct place, and it seems to me that the game still doesn't save correctly. I followed the documentation on the site, so I know it's in the right place.

I love this game, but I'm not going to play for an hour and have my game "save" but not really.
Developer
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
From "configure plugins" dialog it is possible to check if BIOS is in use. Simply placing file into that directory is not necessarily enough.

Alternatively it is possible to use "save states" to save progress. Pressing F1 will save the state and F3 will load it. This can be done anytime. F2 to change slots.

However when using HLE and original BIOS these save states are not compatible with each other.