Symphony of the Night Font Difference?

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Hello, I've seem to come across an oddity when playing Symphony of the Night on the last stable release of PCSX-R (1.9.93). This also applies to all developer versions as well from what I can tell. While The font used in game is completely different from native and the last stable release of PCSX-R (1.9.92). This creates some minor graphical glitches when imposed upon the game.

Below are some images I put together to show this more in detail, I'll explain them as best I can.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2q9aqs5.jpg
To the left is the latest developer version of PCSX-R and Version 1.9.92 on the right. As you can tell the message itself is missing a M. This has only happened on .93 and Developer versions from what I can tell. However, the oddities don't end there.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/o7nc5h.jpg
Care big image. This is a comparison of the latest developer version (left), 1.9.92 (middle), and retroarch to the right to act as a constant. As you can see the later two's fonts are quite similar while the latest developer version is quite different for whatever reason.

All of these pictures were taken with the same plugin settings (GPUBladeSoft 1.41 and Eternal SPU 1.5), and I've tested this on 1.9.93 and multiple developer versions and it seems like this change has happened out of the blue. Could I perhaps get an answer, or a higher up make sure that the developer(s?) see this post. I'm legitimately curious to why this is, or how this happened. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Odd I don't see the images, I'll post a direct link to them right underneath where they're supposed to be.
Double Edit: I replaced the links with tinypic links, hopefully that will make it easier to see and no one will have any issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
How can anyone see the pictures without installing ilivid?
I will never install programs, i do not need...

Try the gsdx gpu plugin from pcsx2...
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM
szgyurcsak wrote:
How can anyone see the pictures without installing ilivid?
I will never install programs, i do not need...

Try the gsdx gpu plugin from pcsx2...
I apologize I'll try a different upload site, I didn't mean for anyone to have to install anything for the pictures. Let me try tiny pic, but I've never had anyone have an issue with anonfile before. I think it's something to do with the emulator and none of the plugins, since I already sat with changing plugins for a solid couple of hours the day before to test it to see if it was that. Nothing changed the font, it was static. The only thing that did change with the font was how quickly it appeared.

edit: Removed duplicate pictures, please see first post.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM
The fonts for the internal HLE BIOS are converted from open-source bitmap fonts, which are not the same as the real BIOS.
Use a real BIOS instead.
Sep 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

As you can tell that was the problem exactly. I apologize for wasting all of your time, thank you for the help, I'll try checking all my settings before posting a concern again. Thank you.