Cheat Load Wont Work - Version 1.9.93 / Build 86936

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I have looked through the discussions, and can't seem to find a current topic on this. I have downloaded the latest version and am trying to upload a cheat list. I am running the software on my Mac, and have saved the cheats in a text doc in the following format:

[cheat]
xxxxxxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxx

[cheat2]
xxxxxxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxx

The file has been saved with a .cht extension. The .cht file is saved to my desktop for the moment.

I have tried both methods - loading the cheat file with no game playing, and with the game playing. Neither methods seem to work. Nothing shows up in the cheat folder.

I don't mind adding them manually, however the format doesn't seem to support typical GS codes, because it converts anything I enter to lowercase and adds a "0x" in front of it. I haven't tested this method yet, only because its a lot to manually add for something that won't work. Thought maybe somebody here could give insight.

Finally - it should be noted that the version I have downloaded won't load a .bin file. They are grayed out. I am running the rom from the .cue file.

Thanks,

Max
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
[cheat]
xxxxxxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxx
[cheat2]
xxxxxxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxx
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I have it set up in-between #'s right now. When I wrote the original post I used hash tags and it converted the size of the text, so i fixed that.

Update: Manually adding the codes do work, more or less. Still can't load a file though.
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Try to load cheat file after "Run".
Sep 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I have tried it before the game runs, and after the game runs. Nothing will load.
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I am having a similar problem, and am using the latest version of pscxr

Game: FFXIV
using a PSX bios (SPCH1001)
Code (loaded both by file and manually:)

[Have 1024 Jumps In Jump Rope Game On Disc 1 (Push L2 + R2 + Up)]
D0073930 FCEF
30077E8C 0004

I haven't gone far enough to verify the passive codes yet one way or another, but the command above makes no changes. And yes, the cheat is enabled. Hmm

OK, I checked, I got a passive cheat (max Gil) to work, I just can't get the above active input cheat to do anything. :(