Mac Sound Problem (Far Worse Than Crackling)

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Hello! I just got this emulator today, and I've been having a massive nostalgia attack. I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.8.4, and in certain games, the audio just becomes a violent static hiss.

Did I configure something wrong, or is there a patch? I tried to troubleshoot, but I found people talking about a slight crackle and not this audio breakdown.
Developer
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Are you using an SVN build?

I'll admit I'm tempted to just create a new release with the current source tree just so people (especially on the Mac) won't download the old, buggy build.
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I really don't know. How do I find that out? Should I just hunt for a newer build of PCSXR?
Aug 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Is there a certain patch I should pull? I ran through them and didn't see what I must be looking for.
Aug 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
MaddTheSane wrote:
I'll admit I'm tempted to just create a new release with the current source tree just so people (especially on the Mac) won't download the old, buggy build.
If I may ask, what is stopping you from doing so? Is the idea supposed to be run through the higher-ups of the project or something? Now is as good a time as any for a new "stable" release, I'd say.
Developer
Aug 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I'll be releasing a new version on Monday.