Final Fantasy 8 Menu Problem

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Edited Jun 29, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I have compiled the most recent version of PCSX from source for Mac os X and I have encountered an issue with the in game menus when using the OpenGL Driver v 1.1.78. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem:

I have tried a variety of settings but nothing seems to fix the problem. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Developer
Jun 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Try using the SoftGL plug-in. Also, if you know this problem isn't present on other architectures, post this on issues.
Dec 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Similar problem here, if you try to play FF8 with OpenGL driver on both latest versions you will get all Menu's backgrounds on white, like this screenshot:

But if you play with SoftGL instead you will get pixelated characters, you can see same scene but with very low quality characters
Developer
Dec 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I am aware of the issues with the GLX plug-in on OS X. However, due to my lack of knowledge of OpenGL programming, a fix might be long in coming. Sorry.
Dec 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I feel as though the OSX version really suffers from the dearth of plugins. At least on both Windows and Linux, you can use Pete's OpenGL2 and edgbla's gpuBladeSoft, both of which are far better than the bundled plugins.

That said, that issue does not exist with the bundled OpenGL plugin on Windows. Interesting that it happens on OSX, but not there.