Question About Iso Switching pcsxr-84880

Developer
May 26, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Edited May 26, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Hello Ckain,

I just did a test of iso switching on parasite eve and it worked fine when i inserted the
correct disc the first time but, when i inserted a wrong disc it check the disc and it told
me it was the wrong disc. However when i tried to insert the correct disc it did not check the
disc again. Is this normal behavior?
Developer
May 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Well no. It should detect the disc always when you press that "Switch ISO"
Developer
May 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Hello Ckain,

Ok i thought it might be a bug or my computer.
Developer
May 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Edited May 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I wonder if this is a game related issue. How exactly you did it?

At least Chrono Cross does fine following scenario:

Start game with CD2 -> Select "New Game" -> Game asks to insert CD1 -> Press switch ISO but select some other disc than CD1 like CD2 again -> game reports CD error and prompts again to insert CD1 -> Press switch ISO and give now CD1 -> Game starts fine
Developer
May 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Hello Ckain,

I waited for the change disc menu to come up then i hit ESC key,then selected switch iso and last i hit the continue.
I believe it is a game related issue because it was the only game i had to do:

To change to disc 2 you must press F9 (open cover) then Esc then Switch iso then "play button" then F10 (close cover)

All my other games i did not have to have to do it this way. If i did not do it that way it would not read the disc.
Developer
May 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Hello Ckain,

I started up Final Fantasy 7 with disc 3 then hit new game waited for the change disc 1 menu then, hit switch iso
and i inserted disc 2 waited for it to check the disc then, it told me to change to disc 1 i hit switch iso and inserted
disc 1. The game booted up fine. However when i did the same with Parasite Eve the game would not recheck the
disc.