Analog toggle

May 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
hello dev team,

i'm a pcsxr user from the debian edition of linux mint. I had been using 1.9.92 quite successfully for a while. The main problem then being with analog controls not working for me. As that version seemed quite odd, I didn't report it.

Now I just compiled from svn and tried firsthand the Gte improvements. It looks real nice!

Sadly, analog controllers are still a bit of a dodge for me...

Using Gran Turismo 2, under analog settings it just shows NA (not available) for all of the settings. Pressing F5 seems to 'unplug' the controllers. How do I set up the analogs? i.e. What's the usual method?

Is there a toggle button to be set? Where can I find it?

Thanks a bunch, this is such a great emu.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM
May 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Gran Turismo 2 does support the analog features of the PlayStation's standard analog controller, but that controller's analog features aren't adjustable in the game, and the "analog settings" won't work with it. Those settings only work with "neGcon-compatible" controllers, those which support the protocol of the original Namco neGcon analog controller. Quite a few PlayStation driving controllers used that protocol.

I don't think PCSX-Reloaded supports neGcon-type controllers, though I could be mistaken.
May 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Hello edgbla,

Thanks for your reply, its right on the money. There appears to be something wrong with my installation.

Comparing your screenshot to my version, some differences are clear:
  • Gamepad/Keyboard/Mouse Input 1.2.0 is not available, only Gamepad/Keyboard Input 1.1.0
  • No OpenAL sound plugin (where is that from?) only SDL sound (working good)
  • No gpuBladeSoft only OpenGL (petes?)
I had previously installed a couple of (older) versions, including the one from the debian repos. Any tips on how to fix this? should I remove the "plugins" directory on ~/.pcsxr/ and retry the installation? also, where can I find those extra plugins? are they linux-compatible?

Many thanks. You are doing an awesome job.

colinh, thanks for the head up.
May 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Hello again,

Just a couple of hours ago I finally fixed the problem.

For some reason, the installer didn't overwrite the libs on /usr/lib/games/psemu/
I still don't know just why it didn't, but I found the neces libs (*.so) that were scattered around the source/compile folder, along with the cfg files for each lib.

After that, I replaced the old files (actually renamed the old folder and made a new one, just in case) and now everything works!!!

In fact, I'm pretty sure at least the graphics plugin was automatically replaced, as it gave all of the options regarding enhanced gte accuracy and such.

Anyway, analog works now.

Thanks a bunch. edgbla, your pic was right on the spot.

:D