Final Fantasy IX Menus

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Edited Apr 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I can't access the party menu! I use an Microsoft Xbox 360 controller on a Mountain Lion Macbook Pro (Late 2011) and everything works fine, except I can't access the party menu no matter what button I map it to! Currently I have the Triangle button mapped to the Xbox controller's Y button, but if I swap the mapping and make the A button function as the Triangle button, I can still use it to speak with people and select things, so it's not a problem with the controller. The Start button doesn't work either, no matter how I map it. However, the keyboard only setting does work...problem is, it's unplayable for me without a controller.

I've looked everywhere for a solution to this, and I've seen plenty of people who say they successfully play FFIX, so I'm stumped...I can't imagine going through the game with no ability to access the party menu. All plugins are what game with the emulator, and I don't use any hacks or other options. Hopefully someone has a fix!
Aug 25, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I am encountering an identical issue on PCSX 1.9.92.

Regardless of what I map the menu button to when I am using my xbox 360 controller, I cannot access the menu. If I use the keyboard only, I can access the menu, however.

Any assistance with this would be awesome.
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Unfortunately, this is persisting with PCSX 1.9.93.

I am having a similar issue in Final Fantasy Tactics as well.

I can only open the menu when I don't select the 360 controller as an input device. Even if I remap the buttons to make the menu button square, for example, I still cannot open the menu in the game.