Differences between windows and linux version

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just noticed that when i try to play Legacy of Kain with the HLE-bios on windows version 83798
i can save my game but when i try to do the same on the linux version 83798 the save dialog box
never comes up. Is there a difference between the HLE-bios for windows and linux?

I also noticed that the sound in the windows did not speed up and slowdown or cut out like on
linux with the same version. Is there reason that this is happen on the linux version?

BTW: I tested on windows xp home edition pcsxr-83798 vs slackware 14 64 bit pcsxr-83798.
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
No, there are no HLE BIOS level differences. However plugin level differences there are, like with sound and video plugins.

As you described the sound acting differently, I think the problem lies there. One difference is that dfsound plugin uses threads differently in Win/Linux. There are other differences also IIRC. You could try to enable high compatibility mode and see if it makes difference.
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Hello Ckain,

I did i little more testing and noticed that when the background music stops once i pick up the sanctuary spell
but if i go and pick up the heart of darkness and wait for a while the music returns and then i get the save dialog
box to pop up. I also tried the high compatibility mode but, it does not seem to help. It usually takes about 1 mi
nute 30 sec for the music to return.