Chrono Cross Dialog Boxes Bug

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

MacbookPro5,5

Lion 10.7.4

Latest PCSXR (as of this posting)

OpenGL plugin configured as shown

Chrono Cross dialog boxes bug out as shown, even when OpenGL settings are changed around.

Developer
Jun 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This is a bug with the OpenGL renderer, and is not specific to the Mac port (i.e. I was able to compile the Linux XGL plug-in on OS X and the same bug was still present).

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

any way around it aside from using s/w?

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Any recent news on this? I have the most up-to-date pcsxr and the dialogue boxes are still screwy! Is there anyway to get around it, beside switching to s/w, like benny said?
Apr 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Hmm, this bug does not appear to be present on the Windows version.

Never used the Mac version, so I don't exactly know if all the same settings are used. What is the "Enhancement" slider, for instance?
Developer
May 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Some menus indeed are really messy, but those dialog menus can be at least make readable by setting peopsGL plugin parameters. Some menus like menu that pops up when pressing START seems to be then rather odd.
Jul 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I just posted a question about the Final Fantasy 7 battle cursor the other day, and this screenshot of the Windows version has a "Special game fix" for it. It would be awesome to see some of the fixes in the Windows version get brought over to the Mac port.
Developer
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I have re-written the preferences implementation in PeopsXGL on OS X. One of the enhancements is that the hacks have been implemented on OS X (they are in their own modal window now).
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Hello everyone, thanks for the job!

This bug is resolved?

I have always dialogue box bug...

Thanks!
Developer
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
No, the bug doesn't seem to be resolved.

I did, however, implement and enable the game fixes (hacks) on the GLX plug-in on OS X.