Every game works except Resident Evil

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Have got the latest version of PCSX-R running on my mac osx lion.

Have already had a lot of fun with this emulator replaying alot of old favourites, so a big thank you to you guys who did this!
However, Ive tried about ten games and they all work except for any of the games in the resident evil series (RE 1 DC, RE2, RE2 DS).
I think its weird and I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if there is a solution?

Also I checked the patches and I have no idea how to apply them.. Im not a very experienced user..

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I have now tried 6 different versions of resident evil now (RE, RE DC, RE DC DS, RE2, RE2 DS, RE3), the only ones Im getting picture with are Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock, Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock, I get black screen in those after the main menu (and after a cut scene in RE3). In all other versions I do not get any picture at all.

Like I said I would like to know if this is a known problem and if there is anything that can be done about it.
Thank you

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

OK, sorry I did search both on google and the issue tracker but did not find anything.

Thanks anyway, Metal Gear Solid will have to do until I can manage to find my playstation.. : )