Release schedule?

Developer
Dec 5, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Is there any plans to release a new point release for PCSXR? The last release was from August of last year: a lot has changed with the emulator, specifically the Mac port.

Again, thoughts?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM

well I'd rather not dictate on this as I have not been commiting for ages due to lack of time and ability to solve the biggest bottleneck (ie. core/game compatibility issues).

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Hey there. In danger of disrupting the topic, I just wanted to say thank you guys so very much for working on this project as much as you do. As far as I can tell, you're the only ones still actively developing a cross-platform PSX emulator. I'd kill to have more time to help out. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Leaving omgthanks mode and entering developer mode: have you guys considered git and Github? Or even hg and Bitbucket. I am an avid supporter of git and Github and I think that it might be very beneficial for the project. Github and git provide a much more streamlined contribution process (fork + pull requests) and has an excellent issue tracker and version-controlled wiki. I think it'd generally fill the purpose that Codeplex does but in a much better way. It might even help get some more contributors behind the project.

Just some food for thought. If you're unfamiliar with Github and friends and have any questions or anything, let me know and I'll try to help out.

Keep up the awesome work!