Linux plugins

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM

My head hurts. I stumbled onto something that might vaguely answer my questions. I would like to use plugins other than the base plugins that arrive with PCSX-Reloaded. To my knowledge, this requires putting the plugin in the /home/user/.pcsx/plugin folder, with the cfg file either in the cfg subfolder or there in the plugin folder. I'm relatively positive this is the process since I've seen the pcsx config file which is pointing to this folder for plugins. However, the program never recognizes the plugins in that folder. I would really like to switch audio plugin since the base audio plugin doesn't let the program run silent... which would be splendid.

Now, the only thing I've come across that makes any sort of sense to me is that since this program is actually compiled instead of ran straight out is that it's a 64 bit program, and apparently has 64 bit plugins, and cannot use 32 bit plugins. Is this so, or am I losing my mind for no reason?

-E

Developer
Nov 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Most OSes require a plug-in to be the same architecture as the executable. So a 32-bit plug-in won't work in a 64-bit executable (without some sort of kludge, which would be a pain to implement anyway). You can try to compile PCSXR in 32-bit mode. Just remember that you have to have the required libraries in 32-bit mode as well.