Megaman 8 & GPU Suggestion

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Hi there , i had download and test , Megaman 8 , with Internal HLE BIOS & with the SCPH1001.BIN bios file , and the Game run normally , but this emulator called "PCSX-Reloaded" dont load videos ( STR ) from this DISC ( SLUS-00453 )   

Well i hope you can fix this little issue , with this game , because of this i can't see the final video :=(

And a Suggestion , you can make a new plugin for GPU based on "Pete XGL2 Linux GPU Plugin" and apply and adjust to use "GTK+" toolkit , like the "OpenGL Driver 1.1.78" come with the pcsx-r , preinstalled , i suggest this because , the users with moderns graphics cards , dont have a Good Effect with the OpenGL Driver Plugin , in Games like "Metal Gear : Solid Snake" , and too this allow the user , use Pixer Shaders & Files for Shaders Effects :=)

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:51 AM
Edited Apr 6, 2011 at 3:54 AM

First off, you should always use copies ripped from ORIGINAL discs. Not just for legal reasons, but because most uploaders don't bother to verify their rips, they just rip and upload. This means alot of times you get bad rips when downloading, which can cause issues when trying to play the game.

Second, this actually sounds like someone RIPPED the videos from the image and uploaded it.  have you tried it with any other emulator? on an original psx/ps2?

Third, i'm almost positive there is no released source for pete's OGL2 plugin, which means its impossible to use as a codebase for a new plugin.

Fourth, i see no reason why people with modern cards can't use the OGL plugin that comes with pcsx-r(linux users building from source have to enable this feature when building). My card is a GTS 450 and I have no issues with the OGL plugin that i've seen so far. Also, you should be able to use the XGL2 plugin with pcsx-r on a 32bit platform. As for 64bit, i don't think any of the normal plugins actually support a 64bit system. I think i remember reading changes had to be made to the OGL plugin to even make it work on 64bit systems, but i'm not sure.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Edited Apr 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Hi there , yes i made my own RIP of the Full Game , and Apply a PPF Patch to Spanish , in the PSOne Real Console, the Videos Load Perfecly , in "pSX v1.13" Emulator , the Videos Load Too & "pSX v1.13 for Windows" through wine 1.3.3 videos works too , and with the "ePSXe 1.6.0" native for Linux , load the Videos , and the "ePSXe 1.7.0 for Windows" loaded through wine 1.2.2 the videos work too .

Well I'm not saying that you can not use the plugin XGL2 I just wanted to know if it was possible to create a version adapted to the new libraries , using the GTK+ Toolkit , but "Pete" no has public the SourceCode of XGL2 . and I suggested I just add XGL2 , for moderns Graphics Cards , for the Users wanna use for example "Shaders Effects" ( From Files Maybe ) .

Or if possible make a new lib to redraw "libglib1.2" & "libgtk1.2" using the actual mode of draw of "libgtk" & "libglib" for correct adaptation of Old Guis Config , and look like the "OpenGL" Config Gui , with came the pcsx-r emulator ???

And the PCSX-R Works Fine in "AMD 64 Bits System" , i had before "Ubuntu 10.10.10 AMD64 Maverick" , but i use the PC for Gaming , for me it is more convenient to use the 32bit system.

If you can , see this image , its using the "psx v1.13 for Windows" ( WineHQ 1.3.3 ) = http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2703/psxfinwinehqmegaman8.png

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM

It'd be awesome if the ogl plugin were able to load shader files as pete's ogl2 =)