Chrono Cross, FF9 FMV's

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:30 AM

I have two questions.  First, FF9's FMV's were all skippy (I'm running the June 8 build on my Mac); the graphics blinked colors sometimes and the music sounded like it came from a scratched CD.  The opening FMV of Chrono Cross had the same problem.  I tried turning on interpolation and it seemed to at least make the music stay in tempo (this is recorded music, not MIDI music), but it still skips.  Is there anything I can do?

Second, Chrono Cross just won't start a new game!  What is up?  I saw forums explaining fixes on ePSXe, but they don't seem like they apply here at all.  Do you know anything I can do to fix it, or is Chrono Cross just incompatible?

Thanks a lot!

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I have the same issue. Chrono Cross will start properly. However, after selecting New Game and vibration options, the very first FMV will not start.

The opening teaser FMV will start if the game is started an no buttons are pressed though.

P.S. I do not have a problem with FF IX FMVs. I am using Windows 7 32-bit. I was using r53086 when I tried to play Chrono Cross.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Try these settings:

VIDEO

Textures: Quality: Driver Default, Filtering: None, HiRes Tex: Standard

Compatibility: Offscreen Drawing: Standard, Framebuffer Textures: Black, Framebuffer Access: Emulated VRAM, ALPHA MULTIPASS - Checked,

Use FPS Limit with auto Detection

Unfiltered MDECs checked.

SOUND - SPU IRQ Wait - Checked, Reverb - Playstation, Interpolation - Gaussian

It should work after that.